Baby Bash and Bling Expo & Show is an interactive lifestyle expo celebrating expecting moms! Discover new and interesting parenting tools, health and safety products, fashion trends, nutrition tips, baby furnishing while viewing the “Bump the Runway” fashion show and enjoying an afternoon of signature mocktail, swag bags, hors d’oeuvres and an opportunity to visit our custom Healthy Salad Station to satisfy your bump cravings. Our participating vendors will create lavish exhibit displays showcasing their products so that you can easily see everything that they have to offer for your new bundle of joy. Pamper yourself in our “The Beauty and The Bump” Bar.
This expo is supported by local businesses – parenting groups, health and safety professionals, fashion and beauty experts and mom and baby-related associations. Attendees of the expo develop long-term connections in social settings and experience “mommyhood” together.
Overview of Past Events:
Nearly two years since its creation our past expos in cities from Washington, D.C., Dallas, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, New York and most recently its debut in the creator’s hometown – New Orleans – and we will continue to embrace pregnant women from all aspects.
• On Saturday October 11, 2014, we were excited to welcome our celebrity mom, HGTV and Extra TV host, Entertainment Correspondent and Pop Culture Specialist Tanika Ray as the host for the day as we celebrate moms and dads in Washington, D.C.! The “Bump the Runway”™ fashion show features a collection from Hush Boutique, Mommy Branded Apparel from Preggo Leggings and Lalabu while showcasing our love for the expecting dad with daddy scrubs from Daddy & Company and an exclusive collection from TJ Maxx for kids and teens!
• On Saturday August 2, 2014, the Expo made its debut in the creator’s hometown New Orleans! The Crescent City welcomed Kirsten Watson, mother of four, wife of New Orleans Saints tight end Benjamin Watson, president of the One More Foundation, creator of Hello Beautiful organization and member of the NFL Off the Field Players Wives Association as co-host of New Orleans’ Baby Bash and Bling Expo & Show held at the Renaissance Arts Hotel located in the Warehouse District.
• On Saturday June 21, 2014, the Expo returned to Atlanta, Georgia and was co-hosted by celebrity dad, father of five children, actor from CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful and BET’s “Being May Jane”, Aaron D. Spears will give a dad’s perspective on parenting, balance and fatherhood. Alongside will be co-host, fashion designer and stylist Korto Momolu of BRAVO’s “Project Runway” providing insight as a new mom and entrepreneur while featuring her everyday woman’s design collection during ‘Bump the Runway’.
• On Saturday September 14, 2013, the Expo landed in New York during Fashion Week and will be held at TKP New York. The event was hosted by celebrity mom Nicole Ari Parker – mother, actress, activist, model, TV personality and entrepreneur – she keeps it all together with style and balance; that quality and her vision are aligned with our brand.
• Our spring expo on March 16, 2013 was held in the city’s most sophisticated neighborhood – the W Atlanta Buckhead. Red Carpet correspondent, on-air talent and fashion-mom personality, Tami Reed of Talking with Tami hosted our Atlanta event. Tami has a keen eye for fashion and a razor-sharp wit and was able to engage our audience with her fun personality. Her brand has caught the attention of Oxygen TV Network, Rolling Out, Vibe Vixen and Spanx for a range of opportunities – from hosting to social media campaigns.
• Our May 19, 2012 expo held at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in suburbs of Washington, D.C. we secured actress Tia Mowry, former star of BET’s The Game, reality TV star from Style Network’s Tia & Tamera, fashionista and author of Oh, Baby!: Pregnancy Tales and Advice from One Hot Mama to Another in which she shared the experience of her first pregnancy and tips she’s learned. We hosted a Media Reception exclusive to fashion magazines, mommy bloggers, fashion media and selected press from the metro Washington, D.C. area and beyond in her honor the evening prior to the expo. Mrs. Mowry’s Oh, Baby! book signing also took place at the expo – where she met new moms, expecting moms during this up close and personal experience. Multi-media journalist, Angie Goff served as our host for the Spring D.C. show. Angie is an American broadcast journalist based in Washington D.C. who covers news and entertainment at WUSA/NBC4. She’s passionate, energetic and exceptional journalist as well as the creator of Oh My Goff.
• On November 10, 2012, former cast member of VH1’s Football Wives, celebrity mom, attorney, actress and autism warrior, Dawn Neufeld served as our mistress of ceremonies during the expo which was held at the lavish Magnolia Hotel Dallas a downtown Dallas boutique hotel. Dawn is multi-faceted woman with a heart for her family and children and was able to bring her knowledge of community awareness with programs such as Autism Speaks, Garth Brooks’ Teammates for Kids Foundation and the Layla Grace Foundation to the expo and expose our expecting moms to the idea of giving back to your community.
In conjunction with the Saturday events, the Friday evening before the Baby Bash and Bling Expo & Show, last year we launched and hosted the Haute Experience a roundtable discussion for fashion lovers, bloggers, beauty mavens and style connoisseurs in the metropolitan areas of the event city that also features beauty, fashion and lifestyle brands in the Haute Marketplace!
Baby Wishes and Bling Kisses,
Stay updated! Be sure to “Like” us on our Baby Bash and Bling Facebook fan page, “Follow” us on Twitter @themonicabyrd, “Connect” with us on Instagram @themonicabyrd and “Pin” us on Pinterest @themonicabyrd.